Tuesday 7 August 2012

WE ALL LIKE FIGGY PUDDING

I'm afraid I've been hors de combat for a few days.  I think I ate something that wasn't quite cooked or fresh or something.  You remember Kane on that spaceship, just before the alien burst out of his body?  I have been feeling a bit like that.
 
It hasn't been a good time to attend two formal dinners and two more Christmas parties.  But I struggled through.  What's the good of entering the Christmas season if you have to cut down on things like pork pies and wine!!!  And if I see another cup of camomile tea, I might throw it through the window.

Anyway, things are still not quite right, but I think I might give up everything planned for this weekend and take it easy for a couple of days.  When here, it's been a hot infusion of some sort and off to bed.  There's worse ways to spend Christmas I suppose.

The weekend before last I was over in Kent.  Wonderful Japanese dinner (that's the second this Christmas.  I think it's the recession - everyone economising with fish).  Then I think I played bridge for 3 days.  Bit of a blur that part.  But here's me receiving my second prize during the event.  Two prizes!  You should see my face!!  Then I had to make a presentation to the Board at my local charity.  They accepted everything I said.  Hooray!  So more celebrating necessary now . . .  Probably more work too.  What have I let myself in for?

Last weekend I was up in Croydon.  I then had to catch a bus from there at some unearthly hour of the morning to take me to a conference in Cambridge.  The conference was great - 200 walkers sharing stories and advice ('don't forget your boots', 'keep away from the cliff edge', 'that wine's better than that one'.  You can see I learned well).  Anyway, only time to take one pic.  This is from my room at sunset.  Lovely, isn't it.

People round today which was nice, if time consuming.  Then tomorrow and Friday a couple more parties.  It must be nearing Christmas by now.  I don't really understand what's happening this year.  We might go away for next Christmas to get away from all this; it's far too festive for me.

Anyway, that's me up to date.  I'll try to get back online in a day or two.  As Sally Phillips would say on Miranda, 'Bear with, bear with.'

No comments:

Post a Comment