Saturday 3 November 2012

LOOKING SEEDY

It was a beautiful sunny day today, so, although I am supposed to be studying maps of Turkey and preparing my briefing, we decided to visit Wisley.  I know, I'm not supposed to be blogging either.

I have never been to Wisley in autumn/winter, always presuming it devoid of flowers and colourful displays.  But I was blown away.  They have kept all their flowers in seed, for the birds as well as for me, and planted an amazing array of grasses.  It was just stunning.  Of course it needed a macro expert (Mitch), rather than a snapper like me, but I've tried to capture the best bits (and some more autumn colours I'm afraid)

Here's the house.






I know - I've posted this pic before, but it's still lovely.  And here, without my unnecessary words, are some pics of the gardens.































4 comments:

  1. Beautiful gardens and house (she writes as she looks up where Wisley is). I should have known this one, is in my sort of stretch of the woods in Surrey. Had a friend living near Reigate when I was younger and often did stay overs there. The Autumn also brings wonderful colours and a show of nature. Even more so in England, as it stays a little bit longer. Although my pampas are still showing, everything else is now slowly disintegrating and trees are losing their leaves. Thanks for the visit, enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful time of year to visit there.... I love that set of benches! These are some very well done pictures... ;-)


    Turkey again? I was last there [again] in May.... will look forward to those shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place, and I love that they have made it 'autumn-friendly'. Those bench arrangements are great. Perfect for just sitting and taking in the views. You got some great shots Neil. Ones I particularly like are: 1, 12, 16, 17, 25, 26 (using the numbers assigned in the slideshow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting Neil. I love the benches too ... they cry out to be sat upon, if only for 5 or 10 minutes. There are some fantastic colours in there too ~ those reds !

    I like how you have got the photos available so viewers can see them one after the other. Mine are all on Flickr ...

    Enjoy Turkey, when you get there.

    ReplyDelete